Tuesday, September 21, 2010

All Star...

Now, why is it so tough to make cards for boys?? Took me a while to think of what to do, but thanks to some great challenges...I put them all together and got this...
Following Tamiko's challenge, and the toughest part for me on this card was altering the image. It felt so weird to cut off  switch the heads of Dylan and Paul (both from the TGF Roll Call kit)! Even my kids said "WHY did you do that??" Then of course I explained it to them, and "ohhhh" was all they said. lol! Another challenge I followed was Color Me Copic's Challenge #4...take a look at this amazing toot by Amy on straight hair! The basketball is from my son's old sticker collection...which was in a big ziploc bag ready for donation! Luckily I remembered it was there, otherwise I would have been looking everywhere to find a basketball! Sentiment is computer generated and cut out with a Spellbinders label die...the green "ribbon" is actually cardstock! did I fool ya?? hehee!

Challenges:
Lollipop Crafts - It's A Boy Thing

Thanks for stopping by! ;)

11 comments:

Jodi said...

Mimi, this is just too cute!! I love this adorable guy and your coloring!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Amy said...

Cute altering Mimi and your cardstock ribbon totally fooled me, it looks fabulous! Love the embossed background and the basketball sticker, awesome card! Thanks for joining the CMC challenge again! :)

Leanne said...

Hi Mimi! I guess boy cards are always a little bit harder huh? But they make the best cards once you are done. Great job with the alteration and hair coloring. And you definitely fooled me with that ribbon. :) You did a fantastic job on all the challenges. Have a good week. Hugs,

Nikki said...

Your Card is fanastic and that basketball looks great :) and fab coloring on the image too
Good Luck in the draw at Lollipops this week and join in the candy draw till the 30th of Sept too at Limited Runs Digi's
Nikki

♥Rach♥ said...

VERY cute, great embossing! Thanks for joining us at the CMC challenge :0)

Joy said...

love your take on the challenge Mimi! so cute! great job! have a good one!

Cami said...

Great take on Tamiko's altered GF image challenge! He looks cute like this! Cami

Unknown said...

Cute! Great job with the alteration! Gotta try it one of these days!

Barbara Sproatmeyer (LM2) said...

I IS hard to make a boy card but this is fabulous! Thanks for playing along in the Lollipop Crafts Challenge! :D

donna mikasa said...

Hi Mimi! Just catching up with blogs! Love your altered Sprout! I may have cut Paul's head off, too, for Tamiko's challenge but I think I missed the deadline! A great "boy" card!

Janis said...

Great job on this altered image. TFS!